cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Billing Country

Change Billing Country

Rab M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I receive an error saying "This billing country change isn't supported" when I try to change my credit card for billing as my old one expired. My old card was an Australian card and the new one is a US one. When I choose United States from the dropdown list I receive that error message.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Allow your subsctiption to expire or run out so that you're no longer a Plus user, or downgrade your account to Basic yourself. Once it has expired, re-subscribe using your new payment information.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

View solution in original post

27 Replies 27

Ronald G.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I had the same problem. I had to keep the country on Afghanistan (the first in the list). I filled out AN000 in the postal code field and that brought me to Paypal. There I was able to choose my US Paypal account and make the payment.

Stephanie G.12
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yes I've got exactly the same issue. I've done exactly as you described above and I still cannot get through. Changing an expired UAE card to a UK card as this is now where I am based. Very frustrating as my account is set to expire in a few days. Dropbox, I'd love to give you money but you are not making it possible. Would you mind please assisting?

Tania A.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm having the same problem. I want to pay using my credit card instead of paypal, but my card's billing address is different from my current billing address. But I also got the same error message "This billing country change isn't supported" when I tried to update my billing info. Help!

Christof W.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Seems a frequent issue, see suggested solution (raising a ticket with support) here: https://www.dropboxforum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/202884505-Changed-Countries-cant-change-Billin...

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

There's no way to change the billing country on an active subscription. You need to let your subscription lapse and then sign up again with your new payment method. The following is a reply to a similar question from a Dropboxer:

Ashley scribbled:
Hi there! Unfortunately, it's not possible to change your billing country. If you'd like to change your billing country, you will need to allow your subscription to lapse, and then sign up for a new Pro subscription with your new billing information. I apologise for the inconvenience!

Dropbox is aware of the issue and engineers are working on it.

Ronald G.5
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Dropbox may be aware of this, but it's going on for months already. How difficult can it be letting your customers change their billing country.

Stephanie G.12
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Couldn't agree with you more. I spent well over 5hrs trying to rectify the situation and it caused a lot of stress. I got there in the end but it was a complete farce. Speaking with somebody over the phone would be useful as well as typing an email and then getting a response an hour or so later is a complete timewaster. This is a company that has over 300million users so there is bound to be people moving. 

Michael V.33
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What will happen to my files if my subscription lapses?

This is a giant pile of [censored].

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Nothing. You won't be able to sync if you're over quota, but your files will remain in your account and accessible. Just upgrade your account again and you'll be back to normal.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Michael V.33 New member | Level 2
    Charity K. New member | Level 1
    Rich Super User II
    Nathan V.2 New member | Level 1
    Ronald G.5 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?