cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from Apple Subscription to direct Dropbox plan

Change from Apple Subscription to direct Dropbox plan

stuartpriceuk
Explorer | Level 3

Hello!

I’ve had my Dropbox account through apple subscription, but I’d like to change it to a CC externally of apple. Is this possible at all please?

Many thanks!

Stu

22 Replies 22

Mark
Super User II

Hey @stuartpriceuk 

Unfortunately the only way to do this is let the Apple store subscription lapse (i.e. tell Apple to not renew it) and wait for Dropbox to downgrade the account. THEN you can upgrade via the website. 

Note your data etc. is safe it just may stop syncing for a short time while you are over quota (in between the downgrade and paying on website)

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Vaughan4n
Explorer | Level 4

I have the exact same issue. I've let my subscription lapse (as per instructions) as it was managed through the Apple store and I still can't resubcribe through dropbox directly - almost like Apple is trying to force me into resubscribing through them.
Membership lapsed on the 10/8/23 - granted access for another month, might have to wait until I lose access completely (which I can't afford to do, I use dropbox for both personal and profressional purposes).
I think it's very strange and frustrating that Dropbox can't override the subscription preferences - must be some kind of weird deal they're stuck in with Apple in my opinion.

Either way, I don't want to lose access to my data but waiting in limbo is terrifying.

Maybe it's time to switch to Google Drive.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Vaughan4n, is the latest payment from iTunes visible on the Dropbox site?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Moners72
Explorer | Level 4

i am having the exact same issue!  I have done troubleshooting with Dropbox customer service and they cant figure it out either.  I am able to enter my credit card info but unable to select the purchase button. And i have a small red rectangle at the top that gives an error message and says to refresh browser or contact customer support. Very frustrating. Please share if you have found a solution! thanks.

Vaughan4n
Explorer | Level 4
Couldn't figure out a solution and got angry with the same responses from customer service that led to the same dead end so I ended up switching platforms.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Moners72, welcome to our Community!

Could you let us know what is reported in your plan tab at the moment?

Are you on the Basic plan, or do you have a paid plan on Apple's end?

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Moners72
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Megan, thanks for your reply. I just saw it. Since then, I gave up trying to change from Apple subscription to my credit card and I resubscribed to Dropbox Plus on my apple device on October 15th. 

So, I upgraded/resubscribed to plus on oct 15th and it’s not being reflected on my desktop or mobile Dropbox accounts. It still shows me I am out of space. However when it prompts me to upgrade and I select that, it Informs me that I’m already subscribed to plus. Then I get an error message about my upgrade failing. Yet I have receipts from Apple and my credit card showing I was charged successfully for Dropbox plus on October 15. I have signed out, signed back in, tried on different devices and ensured I am signed in with the account email on my dropbox. Please help. This is so frustrating. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Moners72, have you tried to restore purchases, using these steps? If you've already tried this, and it didn't work, let me know more and I would be happy to send you an email, in order for us to have a closer look.

Keep me posted! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Moners72
Explorer | Level 4
Hi Megan,
Yes I have tried to restore purchase from all my devices. I get the same error message as someone else received in this thread.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    nractive Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?