cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Message from Dropbox about completing date of birth by 1st September or lose Family Plan Access

Message from Dropbox about completing date of birth by 1st September or lose Family Plan Access

Trimom62
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Does anyone know how to update account details with your date of birth 

the link to the article gives not details how to update your date of birth 

Hi andy, Due to recent regulations, you’ll be required to enter your date of birth starting September 1, 2021 to continue using Dropbox Family.

please can anyone help? 
thank you 

93 Replies 93

DaveLS42
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

The link sent to me this morning (which did nothing useful at the time) now allows me to set my date of birth.  I suggest that you try again to see what happens.

Skimble
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yes, this just worked for me as well, so they must have got this fixed.

mmcapps88
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Has anyone actually received an official update on the issue to inform them that the link seems to work now?

Or are they assuming that everyone will spontaneously decide to try the link again even though they have tried it unsuccessfully many times before.

lascarid
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

The link works now, but no I haven't received an email saying it works.  Nor have I received an email saying "hang in there, we are aware of the problem and working to fix it".  In general, the comms has been abysmal.

DaveLS42
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

l logged a problem report earlier today, but I've received no reply so far.  I simply tried the link again a couple of times through the day and found it worked at the latest attempt.  I'd also logged a problem last week, when I tried to set my DOB after the first notification, but was told I'd be notified on September 1st.  

It looks as though Dropbox have dropped the ball on this.  Something appears to have been made to work now, but it doesn't inspire much confidence.

jo777cat
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I just logged into my account and it defaulted to the dob page. Need to get my kids to fill it now, although both under the age limit so i guess that will be the end of family plan!

Hagen
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks everybody for the info. As others said, the link now works and let me enter the DOB. The support lady got back to me with an update and apologised so I am happy with the outcome.

Going forward, these kind of situations need to be handled better in future by Dropbox. Even if the link had worked fine from the beginning, I do not think it is acceptable to tell customers that they will lose their data if they don't react within 48 hours. Not everybody spends every day on the computer, especially in the main holiday season. Other companies give their customers several months to save their data before they disable services.

Hunter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi all, sorry for jumping in.

I wanted to share the good news that the issue has been resolved.

Our team has been working hard on the matter, and everything should be back to normal now.

You can all enter your DOB, by following the link in the email that was sent.

Thank you for your feedback and reports.

Apologies for any frustration caused.

Hunter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Trimom62
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks everyone just been able to input DOB.

my data useage must be peak for today trying to back up docs! 

thank you for the community togetherness and bet we’ve all got great badge collections 😂

@Hunter  really think Dropbox need to be more customer service driven. Surely this has been in the pipeline for several months, if not longer, and giving paying customers such short notice and veiled threats is not customer friendly.

I’m a long time Dropbox user and this has been more than frustrating…let’s hope everything goes smoothly now.😀

Mike_Rawlins
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I've just managed to set my DOB with the link so all good.

While checking my billing I can see that I am due to renew in November, I think that I'll give Rclone a try and put everything in my OneDrive now.

It's been a blast for the past 11 years, but I'm not convinced that this is the place for my files any more after the last week.

Got a nice collection of badges though

Need more support?