cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access my previous Business files, after disbanding our team

Can't access my previous Business files, after disbanding our team

LevelUp
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Dropbox Community,

I am reaching out for urgent assistance regarding a critical issue I am facing with my Dropbox account. This situation has brought my business operations to a standstill, and I am desperately seeking a solution.

To provide a brief background, I initiated the process to disband my Dropbox team with the intent of transitioning to a family plan. However, this action seems to have caused unexpected complications, leaving me completely unable to access my team folders and all my files. I have been in constant communication with the Dropbox support team, and the case has been escalated to the engineering team for investigation.

Despite the ongoing efforts of the support team, my business is currently paralyzed due to the inability to access vital files. The issue has been persisting for several days, and I am looking for any possible workaround or solution that can allow me to access my files while the engineering team continues to work on a permanent fix.

I understand that technical issues can be complex and take time to resolve, but the urgency of this matter cannot be overstated. Any advice, suggestions, or interim solutions from the community would be greatly appreciated.

I am also posting this here in hopes that if anyone has encountered a similar issue or has any insights, they could share their experience or solutions that worked for them.

Thank you in advance for your support and understanding.

Best regards,

4 Replies 4

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @LevelUp, I’m sorry to hear about the situation. 

As a first step here, I’d like you to send me the ticket number from your support interaction. 

This way, I can have a look as well, and see if there’s something else we can possibly suggest as a workaround here.

Give me a nudge, when you’re ready.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

LevelUp
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Nancy,
Here is the support thread
https://www.dropbox.com/support/ticket/23538409

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks so much for the ticket number, @LevelUp! I was able to track it in our system, and I can see that indeed our specialized team is looking into this at the moment. 

Since they have account visibility, which we don’t here on the forum, I’d suggest continuing with them directly. However, since I understand this is a pressing matter, I’ve left them an internal note on your behalf to get back to you as soon as possible.

I’m also leaving this thread open, in case one of our users has another workaround to offer.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

LevelUp
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Nancy. This is a super critical issue for me. My entire business is on a standstill due to this issue.

Is there any way I can have have access to my files?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

LevelUp Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?