cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't link Team Account with Personal (Basic) Account

Can't link Team Account with Personal (Basic) Account

piecheck
Explorer | Level 3

I can't link my Team Account to my Personal Account.  On MacOS, if I attempt to "Add Team Account" using the app or a web browser, it brings me to a web page that says "Sign in to link your team Dropbox", and when I enter the email address for my Team Account (a Business Account) it says "Single sign-on enabled", but when I click "continue" it just says "something went wrong" (not helpful or informative), and I cannot proceed any further. I can log into my Team Account via a web browser, but I cannot link the two accounts, and I cannot get the Team Account to function via the app.  Note: previously I WAS able to link my Team Account, although every time I shut down the computer the Team Account became unlinked and I had to repeat the "Add Team Account" procedure. But about 1-2 weeks ago, the procedure no longer works; attempting to link the Team Account now leads to a differently-appearing web page than previous, and the result is unsuccessful as described above. Also note: this same problem has happened in the past -- i.e., I was able to link accounts, then I could not, then after a couple weeks I could again, and now once again I cannot. It seems to me that the Dropbox procedures are changing and are causing incompatibilities.

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II

Has your Team admin blocked this from being allowed?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

piecheck
Explorer | Level 3

Well, I don't know for certain (how would I know that?), but does that speculation fit with the facts as described?  Namely, that by entering my Team email it does lead to "Single sign-on enabled", which doesn't seem to fit with the option being blocked, but when I click "continue" it just says "something went wrong".  I wish the Dropbox error message was more specific about the nature of the problem.

Mark
Super User II

Sometimes when things are blocked by Admins the messages are not clear. It would be worth asking the Team Admin. 

The other thing to consider is clearing cookies/cache etc. and then trying again

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

piecheck
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for your attempts, but those suggestions don't have any impact on the problem.

I've ended up resorting to a work-around that is a bit cumbersome but is less effort than continuing to try to find a solution to this mystery.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

piecheck Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?