cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't reset my password as I have no access to the email

I can't reset my password as I have no access to the email

andreas chat
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello everybody,

Need to log in to my dropbox account but i forgot the password.

I cant reset it because the email address is business and not available anymore to email servers.

There is another way to confirm my id and have again access to my drop account??

Thank you very much.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@andreas chat wrote:

There is another way to confirm my id and have again access to my drop account??

If you have another active device already linked to your account you may be able to gain access to your Dropbox. If not, then you'll need access to the email address associated with the account.

View solution in original post

32 Replies 32

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@andreas chat wrote:

If you have another active device already linked to your account you may be able to gain access to your Dropbox. If not, then you'll need access to the email address associated with the account.

andreas chat
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

unfortunately i have no access to email account because its deactivate from the organisation.

mollypop303
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Okay so I understand there is no way to reset the password if you can’t access your old email. I still have access on my phone (still logged in). Is there a way to create a new account and have these photos transferred to that account via phone only? Or to transfer them to another cloud? Very disappointed that there is no workaround to gain access to my years of photos.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You could try creating a new account on the website and then a shared folder between the 'old' and new to get all data transferred over? 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Vanshika1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Since password of one of my Dropbox account [email removed as per Community Guidelines] has expired i am unable to access it , also this account has been deleted a long time ago , so i can't access the new password , kindly help me with this .Please I have tried a lot to restore the deleted gmail account associated with my account Bt not able to restore it as its been permanently deleted.Kindly help me as the account has all my important pictures and files

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Vanshika1, thanks for posting here!

Things aren't looking very bright, since you have no access to the email linked to your Dropbox account. 

However, I want to see how I can help with this. Would it be okay for me to send you an email, in order for us to have a closer look? 

Let me know! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mbonilla
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Can you please help me with this?

I have the same problem. I remember the password to the account but it expired and I no longer have access to the gmail account because it got deleted and I now have new devices so I have no access to any previous devices. I can provide pictures to confirm that I am the onwer of the account.

Please help get to my previous account

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @mbonilla, I'd be happy to help! 

I just sent you an email, and I'd be more than happy to do what I can, in order to help you.

If you need anything else, let me know. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

rickyx1313
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Hello. I am having the same problem. I have another Dropbox account with very important photos of a trip I took with someone who is no longer with us and I cannot access them. The email that I used, I don't have access to anymore, and I don't have access to the old phone number either. Please help me get back to my old Dropbox account. I've even signed up with this new account right now to pay so I can hopefully have access to my cherished photos again. Please help.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    katrine9 New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?