cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Trouble pairing two accounts on my computer

Trouble pairing two accounts on my computer

Lydia G
Explorer | Level 4

Hello!

For three years I worked with a small company that used a Dropbox team account. For years I've had a personal one. During the pandemic when all of the work was from home and I had to use my own computer for work, I could sync within my own computer both accounts at the same time - having live sync on both folders at the same time. 

I left that company and now I am back and when I try to sync once again both accounts in the same computer, it appears an error message of please login with your paired account.  I have been on my company team account settings, unlinked a previous account that had been linked and once I try again in vain as the message keeps repeating.

Am I missing anything? Once it is linked with one account is it linked forever? Is it an app bug?

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Lydia G, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you send us a  screenshot of the exact error you're getting so that we can have a visual too?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Lydia G
Explorer | Level 4

Hello again and thanks for the swift response!

So, my main question is - I link my personal Dropbox to my team Dropbox using either of the options below:

Screen Shot 2023-06-05 at 10.28.57.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-05 at 10.28.40.png

That is, in an effort to sync with a personal computer instead of pairing with a single account from the browser. In theory that should link my team dropbox with my personal only in my computer. However, a colleague of mine does the same and it is a game of he log in, he logs me out. Is it a thing to have more than one account this way anymore? Or are we doing the process all wrong and interfering with each other?

Thanks again!

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Lydia G 

Either of those will link your business and your personal Dropbox accounts. That will mean at the bottom of the Dropbox website you can click on your name and swap between the two and you will have 2 Dropbox folders on your computers 🙂 one for work and one for personal. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?