cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't preview files in windows app

Brown icon in left bottom corner of my files

Mani26750
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello,

On several files, I have a brown icons in left bottom corner of my files.(see below)

in fact, in the same folder, there are green logos on fils but sometime there are brown logo

I want import this files in Lightroom but  seem that files with brown logo can't be import.

So :

1/ What mean brown logo ? 

2/ How can I "fix" it to import files in lightroom ?  

Thank you

Mani26750_0-1653211384087.png

21 Replies 21

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi again, @Kim chao!

Can you try something else with me, and let me know if you see any difference this time? 

If you’re not on a Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected at the moment, I’d like you to disable OneDrive once again and reinstall the Dropbox app on your computer. 

Does that seem to help at all?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Kim chao
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi,Nancy, 

my plan is business  standard,and i have tried remove onedrive from my computer,but still doesn't change anything

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Kim chao, when you say you tried to remove OneDrive, were you successful in doing so and preventing the app from loading?

Does you have any other apps on your machine that add their own sync icons?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

amalik292
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had the same issue. I went to dropbox online, downloaded the zip file and extracted it. Then I went to dropbox for desktop and deleted all the old ones and transferred all the new ones.

Its a pain but it worked 

suev
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Has anyone solved this?

I have disabled Onedrive.

I have reinstalled Dropbox. 

Brown icons still there and in a panic as I cannot access any of my files.

thank you.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @suev, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Did you reboot your computer after disabling One Drive and reinstalling Dropbox on your machine?

If you did and this persists, you might need to completely uninstall One Drive from your computer, at least temporarily. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Usman Shabbir
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks for this solution.

I have quit myself from one drive first and then uninstalled OneDrive and restarted the computer. It resolved my issues.

babyblues
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have been doing research for weeks now and I cannot find the answer.  I know it happened before and I didn't think I would have to remember the fix, which clearly I do and I cannot for the life of me remember what the cause was.  I may be completely wrong, but I am pretty sure it had something to do with one drive, which complicates things, as I have a personal one drive as well as a business version.  I have NO idea why it would interfere and what the interference is, but I want to know how to preview the documents in my Dropbox in file explorer.

At the moment there is no preview available for ALL file times and it is due to this "brown box".....however there is no solution anywhere as to how to overcome this issue.  Interesting, when I put the view as large icon, it comes up with a view in the icon, obviously too small to read...however, will not preview in preview pain, no matter what the file type.  I have changed the preview pane to Details Pain, no idea what the significance of this is, but it basically shows the document in thumbprint size, similar to the below screenshots.  When I change back to Preview Pain, it is completely blank.

I know this can be resolved....as I have resolved it before, but I cannot find the solution now and I am getting frustrated.

babyblues_0-1683253679157.png 

babyblues_1-1683253702719.png

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @babyblues, sorry to see you'r'e having this issue.

If you disable OneDrive and restart your computer, does the issue persist?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

babyblues
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Hannah I need one drive though!  I have dropbox for my personal things and I use onedrive for business, so I can't disable it!  I did try and disabled it and I have lost all my files and I have to now download them all over again, so I am actually pretty annoyed that so many people have had or are having this issue and yet there is not a solution to the problem!

Need more support?