cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Link in Finder Window Sidebar

Dropbox Link in Finder Window Sidebar

WLHALBERSTADT
Helpful | Level 5

I experienced the change that moved the Dropbox folder to "Cloud Storage" and the sidebar link from "Favorites" to "Locations" on my MacBook Pro (2019 16", Intel CPU). However, after migrating to a new Apple Silicon MacBook Pro (same OS version - Sonoma) today, my Dropbox folder is still in "Cloud Storage", but the sidebar link is now under "Favorites", not "Locations".

Does that indicate any problem? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

WLHALBERSTADT
Helpful | Level 5

This anomaly has been resolved. I expect that the original problem occurred because after migration to the new MacBook, I got a message that the Dropbox folder had been moved from its original location. I moved it back into "Cloud Storage" and then noticed the sidebar link still was under "Favorites". Later today I moved the Dropbox folder back out of "Cloud Storage", and Dropbox Desktop advised that it needed the update that would put it back there. Doing that update did move it back, and moved the link to "Locations".

I seems that Dropbox doesn't fare well when doing an Apple "Migration Assistant" process.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

WLHALBERSTADT
Helpful | Level 5

This anomaly has been resolved. I expect that the original problem occurred because after migration to the new MacBook, I got a message that the Dropbox folder had been moved from its original location. I moved it back into "Cloud Storage" and then noticed the sidebar link still was under "Favorites". Later today I moved the Dropbox folder back out of "Cloud Storage", and Dropbox Desktop advised that it needed the update that would put it back there. Doing that update did move it back, and moved the link to "Locations".

I seems that Dropbox doesn't fare well when doing an Apple "Migration Assistant" process.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @WLHALBERSTADT - thanks for letting us know about this.

I'm happy to see you managed to resolve this already.

Let us know if you have anything else to add or ask. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    WLHALBERSTADT Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?