cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Paper Doc url keeps redirecting to a video on the page

Dropbox Paper Doc url keeps redirecting to a video on the page

ashton_vidico
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have a dropbox paper doc (which I can't share for confidentiality reasons), and every time I try to access it, the url redirects to a video which is embedded in the page.

This happens after 1-2 seconds after the page loading. It occurs whether I go through the dropbox paper home page and search for the doc, or if I click on an existing link. I've tried different browsers and other team members are encountering the same issue with this one particular page. All other docs are behaving as normal.

The page itself has numerous video examples pasted in, but it redirects to either one of two different videos.

Any thoughts? Has this issue come up for any one before?

Thanks for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Emmet
Community Manager
Go to solution

Thank you for your patience in this matter. The Product team has informed us that this issue has been resolved, and you should no long experience this when using Dropbox Paper. 

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

Liam_Bradford
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having exactly the same issue this morning - any help would be greatly appreciated

BenediktHain
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yup, same issue here. In my case it's audio files, but I can't access the paper without it sending me to one of these files within 1-2 seconds. Please solve this quickly, team Dropbox, as it is a crucial work document. Thanks!

PS: Does anyone know how to block the redirect? The usual Chrome settings and options to block redirects don't work in this case.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi everyone, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

In order to determine if this is related to any browser, could you try switching browsers to see if this helps?

Additionally, you can try using incognito/private browsing mode without any extensions running, and clearing your cache.

Keep me updated with any progress.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Liam_Bradford
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Jay,

I've tried it in Chrome, Chrome incognito,  Edge and Edge InPrivate, and I've cleared all browsing history and repeated the process. I've had colleagues do the same thing.

Error is the same for everyone on every browser we've tried

cbcaporusso
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

having the same issue. Tried different browsers and incognito mode. Every time I open the page it redirects to a video inside.

chadabc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Exact same issue for everyone in our studio. We use Papers for a ton of work and it's basically unusable right now. Tried Chrome, Edge, Explorer, and have cleared the caches with no luck.

TJ_G
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am also having the same issue. Is there any update on this issue? 

Matt85
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same issue here - I need to collate the comments from the team on a Paper page but I can't read them due to the video on that page overriding everything. Needs an urgent fix

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all, and sorry to jump in here. 

In order to isolate this further, can you let me know if this is happening for all Paper docs that have embedded videos/audio in general, or if there are docs that seem to be opening normally? 

Also, is it possible for someone to attach an example recording replicating the issue? You can create a test doc, if you prefer, so that there’s no personal data included. 

I also tried to test this on my end, but Paper seemed to be working normally.

Thanks in advance!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Emmet Community Manager
    TJ_G New member | Level 2
    MartinVoorsmit Explorer | Level 4
    sdLightTreason New member | Level 2
    chadabc Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?