cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Paper Message - Oops! We couldn't find this image

Dropbox Paper Message - Oops! We couldn't find this image

Jenniferwardstudio
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I added a photo to Dropbox Paper and it seemed to load. However, a message popped up saying that Dropbox couldn't find the image, saying that it may have been "moved or deleted or may be temporarily unavailable". I uploaded several images to this file in Dropbox Paper yesterday with no issue. Now, this message displays in lieu of *all* of my images. I saw that someone else also had this issue, and it seemed to resolve on it's own. I can't hope that my images will eventually pop back up, as this is a project I'm collaborating on with a client. Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jenniferwardstudio
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I found a solution! I forgot to mention earlier that, after I set up my Paper documents, I noticed my email was outdated - so, I changed it.

I confirmed my new email, changed my password and logged in with my new email. Everything worked fine for the rest of the day, but I'm thinking now, that Dropbox may have been updating my new information in the background. So when I logged in the next day, it acted as though I wasn't logged in when I was viewing my Paper files.

The fix was when I went into my Paper documents and invited myself with my new email to the documents. Now, it works everywhere! Safari, the Paper app, and Chrome.

Thanks again for your help!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @Jenniferwardstudio, thanks for posting on the Community!

Is this a Paper document that you own on your account, or was it shared to you?

How did you upload images into the document? Were they already stored on your account?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jenniferwardstudio
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Thank you for your help!

It’s an account that I own. I uploaded the images from my desktop - they are png and jpeg files. I moved the files to my Dropbox folder to see if adding them to Dropbox would help. It didn’t work. I can see the photos in a Chrome browser, but not Safari.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Are you on a Mac or Windows device? Have you recently updated your OS to the latest version or patched it recently?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Jenniferwardstudio
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yes, my Mac is updated to the latest software: MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3

The images don't show up in the Paper app either.

Jenniferwardstudio
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I found a solution! I forgot to mention earlier that, after I set up my Paper documents, I noticed my email was outdated - so, I changed it.

I confirmed my new email, changed my password and logged in with my new email. Everything worked fine for the rest of the day, but I'm thinking now, that Dropbox may have been updating my new information in the background. So when I logged in the next day, it acted as though I wasn't logged in when I was viewing my Paper files.

The fix was when I went into my Paper documents and invited myself with my new email to the documents. Now, it works everywhere! Safari, the Paper app, and Chrome.

Thanks again for your help!

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Glad to hear it worked, however, I'm not sure I understand why you had to invite your own account to your Paper docs, since it uses the same email as your own Dropbox account. It would have updated automatically.

If this issue occurs again, please let me know.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

michealatfigma
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

We're encountering this issue and error message when an employee leaves the team and their paper files are transferred to their manager.  The error says - "Couldn't load preview - the file may have been moved, deleted or is temporarily unavailable"

Is there a solution to fix this and also prevent it when employees offboard in the future? We're on a research team and it's important to keep the knowledge and images from these reports. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @michealatfigma, happy Friday! 

What is the process you follow when transferring the Paper files? 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    michealatfigma New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Jenniferwardstudio Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?