cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox app says not compatible

Dropbox app says not compatible

highst56
Explorer | Level 4

Confused. Have had Dropbox app on an Android tablet since new, but having just done a complete reset to get rid of some issues I can no longer download the app as it says it's not compatible with my device.

All answers I've come across say it's because it needs Android 6.0 or above but my tablet uses Android 7.0.

I can access files from a browser window but this requires downloading them first.

I'm hoping there's a simple answer! Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @highst56, it does sound like your tablet isn't on the correct version for the Dropbox mobile app to run. The mobile app requires Android 8.0 or higher to run.

Could you tell us the exact model of your tablet, and what OS it is according to these steps?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @highst56 - sorry to hear about this.

If you've ensured that your device meets the minimum requirements for the Dropbox mobile app, could you send us a screenshot of the exact error you're getting so that we can have a look too?

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

highst56
Explorer | Level 4

This is response from Play store, showing I have it already on an old android phone. It was also on the tablet before but however I try to get the app I come up with the same error.

Screenshot_20231118-143228.jpg

 

Mark
Super User II

Does your device meet the minimum requirements? It wont install if not: https://help.dropbox.com/installs/system-requirements#The-Dropbox-mobile-app-for-Android

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @highst56, it does sound like your tablet isn't on the correct version for the Dropbox mobile app to run. The mobile app requires Android 8.0 or higher to run.

Could you tell us the exact model of your tablet, and what OS it is according to these steps?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

highst56
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Jay.

I have an Asus Zenpad 3S 10 Z500M P027 running Android 7.

I think the trouble is the Dropbbox app is continually being updated - when I first tried to reload the App a link said I needed Android 6, another then said 7, and you're now saying8! It's just annoying that the old App ran fine until a hard reset meant I had to download it.

Fortunately I mainly use the desktop version, and not having it on my tablet is perhaps no more than an irritation.

Thanks for the help.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

No worries, glad I was able to clear this up for you. You might still be able to access the Dropbox site on the tablet, depending on the browser itself and its compatibility with the Dropbox site.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    highst56 Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?