cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox web app crashes every time I view an image full screen

Dropbox web app crashes every time I view an image full screen

Tyto
Helpful | Level 6

When I'm logged into my own Dropbox account through the website & double-click an image to view it full size, Dropbox freezes/crashes.

In order to fix this I need to close ALL Dropbox windows, open the folder link again and then it works fine, as long as I don't try to view an image full screen.

Others on my team have experienced the exact same issue. The images we are trying to preview are in folders saved to our own account.

The issue does not occur when viewing the folder in incognito mode (while not logged in to the account)

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any other solutions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hannah C
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi folks, 

Chiming in here and apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

We found an issue that may have caused the issues described in this thread. We have fixed the  root cause - could you check that you are able to successfully preview files now?

Thank you!

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23

vomaufgang1
Helpful | Level 5

This is happening to me as well, but only in Firefox. It's also not only when closing the image preview, but also when, for example, changing the sort order in a folder with lots of images.

Vivaldi doesn't crash the page entirely, but he performance of the Dropbox web app goes to the **bleep**ter after viewing an image fullscreen or changing the sort order, so much so that it may as well crash in terms of usability.

Dropbox themselves will have to fix this as I suspect their already bloated, inefficient web app code has finally croaked.

adimauro
Helpful | Level 5

Yes same issue. And I've tried it in multiple browsers with no luck. So it's not browser-specific.

EvanDBX
Dropbox Staff

Hey guys,

Can you try clearing your browser's cache as mentioned here, and let me know if anything changes?

Evan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ASAP_Arts
New member | Level 2

I just cleared all browser cache files* and I am still having this same issue; when viewing images in Dropbox Preview/full screen, the window freezes and causes the browser notification popup that says the Dropbox tab is slowing down the application. It started last week. I have cleared all cache files on Firefox and Chrome. It still happens in both browsers. Both browsers are up to date.

vomaufgang1
Helpful | Level 5
Did that, no effect.

To add, performance in any folder with about a dozen images is already extremely sluggish, leading to slowdown and stuttering just moving the mouse over the folder contents. Opening and closing the image preview just seems to be the killing blow.

I'll try to do some profiling of both the performance and the crash when I get off work.

vomaufgang1
Helpful | Level 5

I just came home and tried to recrate the issue, but it seems to be fixed for me. Did the devs push a fix already perchance?

ASiradakis
Explorer | Level 4

Same here, I open one photo, when trying to go to the next photo it freezes, and then says page unresponsive.  Asks me to wait or close page, if you wait nothing happens.  If I open it on my computer they will open fine.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @ASiradakis - sorry to hear about this.

Does the issue persist after clearing your browser's cache or on another browser, preferably with no extensions or plugins running? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Cfishback
New member | Level 2

Dropbox has been doing this to me ALL day and I can't get any work done, same issue as everyone else is having, crashes every single time I load a document...who do we contact to get this fixed?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Tyto Helpful | Level 6
    thenetworkchefs New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    CES2 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?