cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting an error that the mobile app is not compatible with my Android device. Why is that?

I'm getting an error that the mobile app is not compatible with my Android device. Why is that?

Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Screenshot_2020-09-29-22-03-21.png111.jpg222.jpg

As per my first image from the Android Play Store, It explains that the latest version of Dropbox is no longer compatible with my Samsung Galaxy TM235 :tired_face: The second screenshot shows the error when trying to login to either the latest version or the default build App that was on the device(2.4.4.8) Regaudless of the build they both return the invalid Email error as shown.

Lastly for anyone who might think that I've forgotten my Password there's another shot from the same device connected to Dropbox (it also ask do i wish to install Dropbox. which takes me round to the playsore and shows the first non-compatible error)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello there @9876543210, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

Is it possible that you're device is running an OS version lower than 6.0?

The minimum requirements for the Android app is that your device is running 6.0 or later.

Let me know if this is the case!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello there @9876543210, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

Is it possible that you're device is running an OS version lower than 6.0?

The minimum requirements for the Android app is that your device is running 6.0 or later.

Let me know if this is the case!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello @Daphne 

many thanks for your reply and the details within.

I checked and , My tablet is only on Android version 5.1.1 (sadly) I booked an appointment with the Tablet manufacturer with the hope that they can suggest how I might update the build or load and older version.

As a Dropboxer would you know what the latest version of Dropbox that is compatibile with older Andriod versions please?

Kind regards MB

Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I did check here: not-supported However that page only (now I look again) seems to show Computer builds not Andriod or IOS

Is there another page or location I could have checked please?

Thanks again MB

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @9876543210, it isn't possible to install an older version of the Dropbox mobile app, since it won't be able to sign into your account if it isn't on Android 6.0 or higher.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. If there's any additional information you require, please let me know.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for explainig

not want I want to hear, but at least I stop wasting my time trying different fixes

@Jay wrote:

Hi @9876543210, it isn't possible to install an older version of the Dropbox mobile app, since it won't be able to sign into your account if it isn't on Android 6.0 or higher.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. If there's any additional information you require, please let me know.

STP2021
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

There are still a lot of people which use older tablets. Good to know you don't want to keep them as your customers.

I am really disappointed with Dropbox and will look for other ways to keep and sync my files.

😞  😞  😞  😞  😞  😞  😞  😞  😞  

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

STP2021 New member | Level 2
    9876543210 Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?