cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet connection error after app reinstall - Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6

No Internet connection error after app reinstall - Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6

LW45
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the desktop app just said "Connecting," constantly (and showing that it was not linked to a Dropbox account), I uninstalled it and re-installed it. I did it several times, but was never given the option to log in. It just kept saying "Connecting."

I followed instructions in other posts on how to delete the application info in the Go To Folder --> ~/.dropbox. I uninstalled and reinstalled. I tried the Alt/Option in the Preferences --> Account setting in the app and did the Fix Permissions and Fix Hardlinks. It said both were fixed, but it did nothing. So, I uninstalled again.

On the 5th time I reinstalled, I am now able to SEE a "Sign In" option, but I can't do anything because now I get "No Internet Connection" error, even though I have an internet connection. It just shows that it's trying to connect. I have gone into the Preferences and chose the "No Proxy" option, but it doesn't seem to stick. When I go back into Preferences, it still is set to "Auto-Detect."

I have screen shots, but I can't figure out how to attach them to this post. 

I have no Firewall and no Antivirus. I'm using Mac OS Mojave version 10.14.6. 

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Lauren

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

LW45
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello @Daphne ,

Well, after finding out that my coworkers were having issues with Dropbox as well, one of them reset our router in the office. That seemed to fix all of the issues, and I was able to log into the App as well. So, I emailed Support to have them close the ticket.

Thank you for your help! Have a great week. 🙂

Lauren

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @LW45, I hope you're well today!

Can you let me know if you're able to access www.dropbox.com via your web browser on this device?

Also, which version of the desktop app do you have installed?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

LW45
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Daphne,

I am using the desktop version v99.4.501. And yes, I can access the web version of Dropbox.com and see everything I'm supposed to see. 🙂

Thanks!
Lauren

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for checking that @LW45!

It's a rather strange issue that you're having considering that you've tried all those steps. To have a look further into this I'd have to suggest reaching out to our Support team so they can look into this alongside some device specific info.

You can check out your support options depending on your account's plan from this page here. You can let me know the ticket number you get (eg. #1234567) and I can follow up with you there.

Cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

LW45
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi @Daphne

Ok, I entered support ticket# 10834280. Hopefully they can figure it out.

Thank you for trying! 🙂

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the ticket number @LW45!

I've just passed on your comments from here too to make sure we have all the relevant details in one place, and to let my colleague know you reached out to us here too.

If there's anything else I can help with in the meantime, please feel free to give me a nudge here. :grin:

I hope you have a great week ahead!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

LW45
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello @Daphne ,

Well, after finding out that my coworkers were having issues with Dropbox as well, one of them reset our router in the office. That seemed to fix all of the issues, and I was able to log into the App as well. So, I emailed Support to have them close the ticket.

Thank you for your help! Have a great week. 🙂

Lauren

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm glad to hear that you're all sorted now @LW45!

Thanks for your update here too, I'm sure this will be helpful to know for anyone else having the same issue.

If there's anything else I can help with, please don't hesitate to get back to me here. :grin:

I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    LW45 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?