cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error Messages: lost connection - Uploading Files

Error Messages: lost connection - Uploading Files

Nfelsheim
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello, recently, I have been unable to upload small PPTX files that are well below the size limit to our web-based corporate (business) Dropbox account.  The message is that it's a "lost connection".  However, my Internet is working fine.  I have checked my modem settings, Internet settings, Dropbox settings, and everything is in working order.  I have tried to upload the files on a different browser and still get the same error message.  A colleague that shares the same Dropbox account with me is able to upload the same files to Dropbox without an issue.  I have tried everything but am perplexed as to what to do.  Any advice?  I have a screenshot below of the error message.  Thank you.

Screenshot 2022-09-28 142426.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nfelsheim
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hannah, thanks for responding to my message!  

I'm happy to say that I figured it out.  It was an Xfinity/Motorola modem caused issue with my Internet connection.  I now have a temporary solution in place.   I can upload files on Dropbox.com now whether I use the Upload button or drag and drop.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Nfelsheim , thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Can you let me know if you're uploading the files through the 'upload' button or by drag and drop?

If it's by drag and drop, can you try the upload button, to see if you get a different behavior?

Also, are you and your colleague accessing Dropbox from the same network?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Nfelsheim
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hannah, thanks for responding to my message!  

I'm happy to say that I figured it out.  It was an Xfinity/Motorola modem caused issue with my Internet connection.  I now have a temporary solution in place.   I can upload files on Dropbox.com now whether I use the Upload button or drag and drop.  

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for keeping us in the loop @Nfelsheim - I'm happy to hear it's sorted now. 

See you around the Community and have a lovely week ahead!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?