cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unknown Error" when saving an Adobe Premire Pro project directly into a Dropbox folder

"Unknown Error" when saving an Adobe Premire Pro project directly into a Dropbox folder

Agirres
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I use Dropbox to store most of my files so I can share them easily, so I normaly create the projects directly on a Dropbox sync folder on my PC.

However, since some days ago, I have started getting this error when trying to create or save a .prpoj directly into a Dropbox sync folder:

An unknown error occurred while saving the project

<Name>.prproj (\\?\D:\Dropbox\<directory>.prproj

Agirres_1-1594996587612.png

I believe the error has to do with the "?" in the start of the saving location, which I don't know why it's there. Any ideas on how to fix this issue? Both Dropbox and Premiere Pro are up to date. I've also asked on the Adobe community, but I don't know if this bug is related to Adobe or Dropbox.

Thanks in advance

22 Replies 22

NexusMotion
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yep same here! Having to manually upload and link via the web because it takes too long for it to get up and running again. I'm on a $15,000 machine with 1gig internet. Shouldn't be that slow. This is by far not "SOLVED." Maybe we should all repost this issue so it doesn't come across as solved.

DaveVeal
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I was laughing just now thinking the same thing... "SOLVED"??!!!  The solution is to LITERALLY stop using the product??? Then start using the product.  LOLOL.  I love customer service these days.  Like that old joke... "Doctor... my arm hurts when I do this..."

sammtobias
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yeah I do pause when I have to save a premiere File. But that is a pain in the ass. Please Fix it!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

sammtobias New member | Level 2
    DaveVeal Explorer | Level 4
    NexusMotion Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?