cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message from Dropbox about completing date of birth by 1st September or lose Family Plan Access

Message from Dropbox about completing date of birth by 1st September or lose Family Plan Access

Trimom62
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Does anyone know how to update account details with your date of birth 

the link to the article gives not details how to update your date of birth 

Hi andy, Due to recent regulations, you’ll be required to enter your date of birth starting September 1, 2021 to continue using Dropbox Family.

please can anyone help? 
thank you 

93 Replies 93

Len L.2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you, and we will keep that in mind. All the same (if you can bear with our frustration), the team should keep in mind that this is driving customers (like me) into the arms of other family plan cloud services that allow us to carry on without the hiccups. 

At this point, the only advantage I would find with Dropbox is being a stand-alone cloud service without trapping users in any particular ecosystem. Well, that's gone when we can't include our kids, and that will hurt your education partners (again like me) who relied on this for teaching-sharing purposes in a growing ed-tech and remote learning world. 

Please keep those points in mind. 

Best,

Len

AllThisnTrvlToo
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Many thanks Megan,

Can I say thank you for reaching out regarding the Age-Gating issue. I very much appreciate it.

If you have the time, it would be enlightening to be directed towards the legislation (US legislation, I presume) or regulation that Dropbox has had to comply with? 

In short, it'd be really useful to read further as I imagine I was not the only Dropbox account holder to be effected negatively by this.

In short, your users do appreciate what it's taken for Dropbox to deal with all this.  

For my part, I ended up with a positive result and truly wish to thank the Support Team, particularly Addison, Jake and Nina. These individuals did a great job in resolving the age-gating in my case. 

So all the best & cheers!

Ross

Brandon Squire
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I entered the wrong date for the age verification, im now told my account will be shut down in 48hrs, Dropbox says to contact support to prove

age by sending documents, but i cannot find anyway of contacting a human support person.

How do i remedy this situation?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Brandon Squire, happy Friday! 

Would it be okay for me to reach out via email, in order for us to have a closer look into this?

Thanks!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Brandon Squire New member | Level 2
    AllThisnTrvlToo Helpful | Level 6
    Len L.2 Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?