cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me cancel an account tied to a monthly credit card payment

Please help me cancel an account tied to a monthly credit card payment

victoriajbagley
Explorer | Level 4

I have tried the transaction look up tool. I have logged in to my personal account. I've even tried a previous account that was likely with an old employer. I have no idea how you continue to charge my credit card each month, but I can't look up, chat or call someone to cancel. This is honesly worse that Sirius XM. Please do better!  #AvoidDropbox 

My transaction is [removed]

Victoria [removed]

[removed]

[removed]

[personal info removed per the Dropbox Community Guidelines]

8 Replies 8

victoriajbagley
Explorer | Level 4

Has anyone been able to use the transaction look up tool if their credit card expiration date has changed? My card is still being charged but I've been sent a new expiration date so I'm unable to look it up. When I go into my account, it says that I have no charges or history. I'm guessing it might be charged to an old email address that I no longer have access to.  My most recent charge was $19.99 on 3/30 to a Visa - [removed]. 

Thank you so much for any advice or help you can provide. 

Victoria 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @victoriajbagley, sorry to  see you're having trouble with a Dropbox payment.

Just wanted to point out that you shouldn't be posting your personal info on public forums, for your own security.

Regarding your issue, I would actually recommend reaching out to our support team directly, as this has to do with very account specific info.

To do so, open a private browsing/incognito window on your browser and go to this page.

In the "I want to look up information related to:" section, type in an email address you can access, fill out the rest of the form and submit your request.

Let us know once you have your ticket number.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

victoriajbagley
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you so much for responding Hannah!  My ticket number is #23574097. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks, Victoria!

I see that you already have an update on your ticket, so if you need anything else, you can just reply to the agent that emailed you and they'll help you out.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

victoriajbagley
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Hannah, I'm still trying to cancel my account, ticket #23574097.

Unfortunately, I'm still waiting to hear back on this ticket and thought I would hear something today. It has now been more than 4 hours since I responded. The most frustrating thing is that I have been paying for Essentials (which comes with live chat support) and just want to cancel my subscription. I can't log in because I no longer work at that company. My email and password are correct, but I can't login and customer service won't get back to me.  I'm looking for any new suggestions. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hi again, Victoria.

Email response times are a bit different than the response times here on the Community or social media.

Our team has raised the priority of your ticket, so the agent working on your case will get back to you as soon as possible.

Just make sure to keep an eye on the email chain for any updates.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

victoriajbagley
Explorer | Level 4

It has now been over 24 hrs since I submitted a ticket and was told it was being worked on. I do not understand what your team needs to investigate? I want to delete my account. I'm unable to login (despite knowing me email address and password) because I no longer work for the company associated with the email.  Please, please will someone help me. I think it's a very quick fix.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey Victoria!

As I mentioned, email response times are a little different, however, if you take a look at your ticket, you'll see that our team has handled your request.

If you need anything else, let us know!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    victoriajbagley Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?