cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACCOUNTS NO LONGER LINKED

ACCOUNTS NO LONGER LINKED

Dr Rosalyn Nichols
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I received a notice that my [email removed as per Community Guidelines] accounts are no longer linked. I also have a [email removed as per Community Guidelines] is also no longer linked.  When I tried to sign in to [email removed as per Community Guidelines] it says sign in to teams.  If I need to change my plan to so that I can link my account and have more devices I will do what needs to be done, I just have no clue what to do.  Please help me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the nudge here, @jmkUK.

Have you tried logging in to your business account from a different browser or from an incognito/private browsing window, to see if you can locate your files?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @Dr Rosalyn Nichols, thanks for messaging the Community.

It sounds like you're referring to this process of linking accounts.

If the accounts have become unlinked, it would mean that the work account is no longer considered a work account. This could happen when the Dropbox Business team is downgraded, or if it was a free team, then it was disbanded since they are no longer supported.

Could you try logging into the work account and let me know what plan you see there?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

jmkUK
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I've just had the same issue. - a messsage out of the blue telling me my accounts are no longer linked but my files have not been deleted. Well, that's nice, except that I'm unable to log into the business account. I logged out of my personal account, logged in with the business account details and was taken to a screen that looks like I'm signing up for a new account. I at least want access to my files so that I can save them elsewhere.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the nudge here, @jmkUK.

Have you tried logging in to your business account from a different browser or from an incognito/private browsing window, to see if you can locate your files?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

jmkUK
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you @Hannah. I discovered that my attempts to log in had generated a confirmation request email. I hadn't realized one had been sent. Once I spotted it and confirmed I was able to get in. I'd commented on a similar post here and put my follow-up there but forgot to come back and do the same here. 🙂

catr
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same issue with me. Yes, I can log in via another browser BUT, I want these accounts linked (esp on my phone app) as I jump back and forth all the time. It seems like they don't consider my former "business account" as a "team account" and so I can't link them. It's frustrating that we can't contact Dropbox Support for help doing this. 😞

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@catr unless you are on a business plan (i.e. that includes multiple paid for licences) you are not eligible to do this. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @catr, as @Mark said, it is only possible to have two Dropbox accounts syncing at the same time when one is a paid Dropbox Business team, and the other is a personal account. 

It isn't possible for two teams or two personal accounts to be linked at this time.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

w0000992
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The hard drive my Dropbox is on failed last night. I don't know whether it's a coincidence that this morning I get an email "The Work team has been disbanded by Dropbox. Your team’s folders have been converted to shared folders, and all Work groups have been deleted. Your account has been converted to a personal Dropbox plan."

Seems that Dropbox are taking away services unless you sign up for a paid plan?? 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Its not coincidence no, however, yes they are trying to move people to paid plans - after all realistically @w0000992 if enough people dont pay for the services then it closes for everybody. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

P- New member | Level 2
    w0000992 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?