cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download not working with Safari 16.6 and macOS 13.5.1

Download not working with Safari 16.6 and macOS 13.5.1

smaruzzi
New member | Level 2

Hi, since this morning, I experienced this weird behavior: in my current configuration (Safari 16.6 and macOS 13.5.1 ), when pressing the download button, nothing happens. No visual feedback and - useless to say - no download. Everything works fine using FireFox. Therefore, it seems to be something Safari (or Safari and macOS) specific. I cleared the cache and restarted Safari several times.

Any suggestion? Thanks, Stefano

13 Replies 13

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi there, @smaruzzi, welcome to our Community! 

Since it works in FireFox, it looks like this is browser related. Have you made sure Safari is using its latest version, and it's up-to-date? You can see more about this here.

If I were you, I'd also restore the browser to its default settings and disable any browser plugins, just to see if this gets things going. 

Let me know of any updates! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Toinie
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Team,

is there any update to this. Our team starts to experience more and more issues with this as well?

Kind regards!

Toinie
Helpful | Level 5

It seems to be an issue with extensions. For us when we disable the 1 password extension, downloads are possible

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Toinie, thanks for joining the discussion here.

Since this issue seems to be caused by a web extension, you'd need to flag this with the developers of the extension.

I wish I had more to offer. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

smaruzzi
New member | Level 2

By disabling the 1Password extension, I was able to download files in my current settings. Thanks, Stefano

cole-burrow
New member | Level 2

1Password confirmed they can replicate the issue and are working to resolve it, but there's no known timeline: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/696005#Comment_696005

HelenD
New member | Level 2

Hi all, I don't have 1password extension but i have the same issue. could not download a folder of files (around 600mb)

protectblue
New member | Level 2

Yes - exactly the same thing happening for me. If I disable 1password extension then Dropbox downloads work but otherwise they don't. Super annoying as I need both of these things to work !!

napstudio
Explorer | Level 4

Same! I'm glad to have found a work-around, but this is just another annoying thing that has changed recently on Dropbox. I am learning my lesson about being blindly reliant on services that I pay lots of $ for that can become more disruptive than helpful. 😞

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

hilaryhacksel Helpful | Level 6
    Rich27182 Explorer | Level 4
    napstudio Explorer | Level 4
    Toinie Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?