cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Not Uploading/Syncing from Personal Computer and Phone.

Dropbox Not Uploading/Syncing from Personal Computer and Phone.

Rich Schepis
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

So a few days ago I noticed I was not able to access files that I had on my laptop that I copied to Dropbox. Additionally, files I added from my phone and which Dropbox indicated had successfully been transferred are not in Dropbox.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich Schepis
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm not sure why, but everything is syncing and uploading again. Besides checking what you asked, I didn't do anything, but glad it is working again. Thank you for trying to help me and your patience.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there, @Rich Schepis, welcome to our Community! 

Just to sum it up: it seems that when you visit your account online, you're not able to locate files that you added when using our desktop & mobile app, correct? 

If I didn't get this right, feel free to correct me.

Have you made sure that you're using the same account on all platforms? You can check your account's settings online here. On your desktop app, feel free to check the app's preferences, and specifically your Account tab. 

On the mobile app, you should be able to visit your Account tab as well, and check for the email address there. 

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Rich Schepis
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks for responding. Accounts are synced. And yes, I'm not able to access files that I have added on both my desktop and mobile device

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Rich Schepis, would you mind clarifying your desktop app's current syncing status

I'd like to check if everything is up-to-date there. Also, how did you add the content when using your mobile app? 

Are you able to see the files when you open the app? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Rich Schepis
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks Megan,

On my desktop, I drag the files to the Dropbox folder on my computer, which has always uploaded to Dropbox. It's there after I upload. However, when I open the App on my mobile device, those files are not there, When I upload to Dropbox from my IOS mobile device, I select the file I want to move then "share to Dropbox." In the past I have never had to verify it was uploaded as I received a message "Uploaded to Dropbox," and the file was already there. Yesterday when I realized my desktop changes were not reflected, I checked to see if my mobile changes were and discovered those files did not copy either.

I've restarted and redownloaded the program and App on my desktop and mobile - neither of which fixed the issue. I also looked for updates and could find none.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Rich Schepis, were you able to check the syncing status of the app using the link I provided in my previous response? 

I'm asking, because that would give me a great insight on this. 

Also, one more thing: if you open your mobile app, and click the + icon in order to manually upload content that way; does this work for you? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Rich Schepis
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm not sure why, but everything is syncing and uploading again. Besides checking what you asked, I didn't do anything, but glad it is working again. Thank you for trying to help me and your patience.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Schepis New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?