cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I install the Dropbox desktop app, NOT Dropbox Lite?

How can I install the Dropbox desktop app, NOT Dropbox Lite?

dtelesky
Helpful | Level 5

I have a new HP running Windows 11 and an existing Dropbox account that I need to download on this laptop for work.  Dropbox Lite will not work for what I need, but I can't seem to download regular Dropbox.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dtelesky
Helpful | Level 5

I finally figured out that the brand new computer was shipped in "S" Mode.  Once I took it out of that, Dropbox installed just fine.   Thank you for your help!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@dtelesky wrote:

I have a new HP running Windows 11 and an existing Dropbox account that I need to download on this laptop for work.  Dropbox Lite will not work for what I need, but I can't seem to download regular Dropbox.  

Your HP likely has an ARM processor; not an Intel or ADM x86 processor. Support for ARM is still in the beta phase.

dtelesky
Helpful | Level 5

thank you for your quick reply!   The computer does actually have a 12th generation Intel Core processor....

Rich
Super User II

@dtelesky wrote:

thank you for your quick reply!   The computer does actually have a 12th generation Intel Core processor....

Then you should be able to install the regular application. Make sure you're downloading it from Dropbox, and not through the Microsoft Store, which only offers the Lite version.

dtelesky
Helpful | Level 5

I finally figured out that the brand new computer was shipped in "S" Mode.  Once I took it out of that, Dropbox installed just fine.   Thank you for your help!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dtelesky Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?