cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows not syncing with ereader, phone, or tablet

Windows not syncing with ereader, phone, or tablet

lesleydd
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have Dropbox on my Windows PC, Android phone, Android tablet, and my Kobo ereader has Dropbox built in. They have all worked together to sync all this year with no problems. Today (11/3) I added 6 ebooks to Dropbox in Windows but they do not show up on any of my 3 other devices. Also today, I added an ebook to my Dropbox app on my tablet and it showed up right away on all the other devices, Windows included. Why is Windows not syncing things added to it with the other devices? Yet reflects items added to the other devices.  I'm stumped.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lesleydd
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It's fixed. I turned on my PC and saw a notification that there were a bunch of Windows updates needed to be downloaded and installed. After that was done, Dropbox was all updated.  I see all Dropbox files everywhere now.  Problem instantly vanished. If this issue happens again, I'll know one item to check. Thanks to all who tried to help! 

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @lesleydd, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Are the files that you've synced from the Windows machine appear on the Dropbox site? Do the files in Explorer have a green tick on them?

What is the current status of the app when you hover over it in the system tray?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

lesleydd
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

In Windows, the files are visible in the Dropbox app but show up no where else, ie no other devices. In Windows, I opened up Dropbox web site and the files are not visible there either.  When I say "files", I mean only the six I added while in Windows on 11/3.  I've added many similar files ( epubs) while in Windows throughout this year no problems and these are all visible and synced everywhere. It's only these six files that aren't syncing. There's nothing different about these six files...they're just epubs.

I don't see any green ticks in Explorer. 

I open Dropbox app in Windows via File Explorer, then click Apps, then Rakuten Kobo to see my list of added epubs. So File Explorer is what is in the system tray. I'm using Windows 11 Home. I don't know what you mean by "current status". 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @lesleydd, sorry to jump in, but I just wanted to mention that the app's status would be the one shown when you hover your mouse over the Dropbox icon in your taskbar

Is it 'up to date' or still syncing perhaps?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

lesleydd
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I'm not great at Windows, not any more. The only way I can open the Dropbox app is via File Manager.  Is there another way?  So I get File Manager in the tray, not the Dropbox app.  I'm only using Windows to convert Kindle books to epubs and add epubs to Dropbox.  It's been like 16 hours since I added those six epubs to Dropbox in Windows.  The same day when I added an epub file via my Android tablet, it synced everywhere at once, including Windows.  As I said, everything worked perfectly all year until yesterday.

I apologize but I don't know how to open Dropbox app so it's icon shows in the system tray.

lesleydd
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Today (11/5), I've got Dropbox status in the system tray. Today-Yesterday-Last 7 Days.  Everything I added from my Android tablet on 11/4 and 5 are showing. At the bottom it says updating 6 files - that would be the ones I added in Windows on 11/4.  It seems stuck in updating mode.  What do you suggest?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @lesleydd, just wanted to check in with you, and ask if the app is still uploading these files, or if it's now showing as 'up to date'?

Megan
dropbox.com/support

lesleydd
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

As of 11/7 before 11am, the Dropbox system tray says

Uploading six files (the same 6 files as before)

Downloading Thirteen files (I added 13 epubs via my Android tablet between yesterday and today - visible on my other linked devices already)

None of the six epubs I loaded to Dropbox in Windows a few days ago are visible on any of my other linked devices. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @lesleydd, sorry to jump in here.

If you click on that small Dropbox icon in your system tray, then on your initials/profile pic and then on "view sync issues", do you see anything related to those files?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

lesleydd
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It says. PERSONAL no issues

It's still trying to sync all these recently added epubs. No change there.  Windows still hasn't synced those 6 epubs. It shows one epub I added via my tablet on 11/4 and two I added on 11/5.  

I added a bunch via my tablet on 11/7 and they aren't in Windows either.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    lesleydd Helpful | Level 6
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?