cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't view files in shared folder - I keep seeing a black screen

Can't view files in shared folder - I keep seeing a black screen

DBar7
Helpful | Level 5

Hello, I am hacing trouble viewing files, more specifically pdfs, that I've uploaded to a shared folder. I cannot preview in dropbox, and every time that I choose open in new tab, it takes me to a new tab, flashes the pdf, then goes black. Im unsure how to go about viewing my files. Ive checked permissions, and I have access. Even when i copy link and paste it into the search bar, a black screen pops up and im unable to view anything. This si quite frustrating as Im unable to view any file. 

How should i go about this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DBar7
Helpful | Level 5

I believe Ive figured it out, it was an ad block extension that I had conflicting with the dropbox opening of files. Thank you for your response. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies on your browser? 

It sounds like a fault with some software conflicting

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

DBar7
Helpful | Level 5

^ additionally, after playing around with dropbox, the only way i was able to see what i've uploaded was by checking version history of the file. this cannot be the easiest way to view my files. please help. 

DBar7
Helpful | Level 5

Since posting ive cleared my cache and cookies, as well as updated my google chrome browser. I am still having the same problems viewing 

DBar7
Helpful | Level 5

I believe Ive figured it out, it was an ad block extension that I had conflicting with the dropbox opening of files. Thank you for your response. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DBar7 Helpful | Level 5
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?