cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDFs are now all showing as HTML. Help!

PDFs are now all showing as HTML. Help!

sandysellsindiana
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

As of yesterday, all of the pdfs stored in Dropbox on my laptop are showing as Chrome HTMLs. I usually open them in Adobe Reader but am not able to anymore. They open as a webpage. Did I change some setting by mistake? I thought that it was perhaps an Adobe problem, so uninstalled and reinstalled that. And I searched this forum to see if this question had already been answered, but didn't see it addressed. Please help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sandysellsindiana
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Sorry to talk to myself on here, but I thought that it might help someone else in the future. Google was my friend and provided me with the answer of how to change them back to pdfs. Solution: right click any of the documents/HTMLs. Choose Properties. Choose General - Opens With - Change. Select Adobe (or whatever program you would like to use to open your pdfs.) 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

sandysellsindiana
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've dug in a little more and it appears that all pdfs that I download are downloading as HTMLs, whether they go into Dropbox or my download folder...ugh. So my limited knowledge/expertise would tell me that this is likely a Chrome setting as opposed to a Dropbox issue. But why would it change ALL pdfs to HTML, even ones downloaded or saved years ago? Any insight would be great, as this is really slowing my flow.

sandysellsindiana
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Sorry to talk to myself on here, but I thought that it might help someone else in the future. Google was my friend and provided me with the answer of how to change them back to pdfs. Solution: right click any of the documents/HTMLs. Choose Properties. Choose General - Opens With - Change. Select Adobe (or whatever program you would like to use to open your pdfs.) 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

sandysellsindiana New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?