cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Whatā€™s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I got an error "Sign in failed" when I tried logging in to my mobile

I got an error "Sign in failed" when I tried logging in to my mobile

3putts
New member | Level 2

"Sign-in failed. Unknown error, please contact Dropbox customer support"

HI there I cannot sign into Dropbox on my android S6, I keep getting above error.
I have no issue when I try to sign into Dropbox from the Google chrome on my laptop its just on my phone.

I have reset my password and also removed the dropbox app and reinstalled it. Any suggestions?

Regards

Paul

54 Replies 54

rharper58
Explorer | Level 4

Hi. Thank you for your reply.  My Android version is 7.1.1 and my tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab e. Also, I checked to see how many devices were linked to my account and I only have 2 which are my tablet and my PC. My Dropbox plan is Basic. I believe that there is only about 250 mb in storage on my account.

As I stated in my original post I do not have any problems signing in to my Dropbox account via a web browser or on my PC. Also, I tried creating a Dropbox "test" account using a different email address but that didn't work either. I ended up with the same "failed to sign-end" error. 

Thank you.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Could you try resetting your Dropbox password to see if this helps with logging into your account on the mobile app?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

rharper58
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you for replying. Although I was able to reset my password I am still unable to successfully sign-in to my Dropbox account using the Dropbox app even though I receive a sign-in notification email stating that I did sign-in. I am able to sign-in via the Dropbox web page and can also sign in on my cell phone using the Dropbox app and on my computer. But, I mostly use my tablet when wanting to access my Dropbox account. I can not figure out why I am have such problems accessing the Dropbox app via my tablet. 

scarsong
New member | Level 2

Obviously you should log in to the official website, and then check the specific setting details, you will understand where the problem is.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @rharper58, Iā€™d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail. 

You can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link.

From there you should be able to contact support. Make sure to enter the same email you use to login to Dropbox. Thanks!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    scarsong New member | Level 2
    rharper58 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?