cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to reset my password

Error when trying to reset my password

Not applicable
Go to solution

I've tried to change my password with a password manager (not dropbox password manager). But it seemed to overrule the old password which is needed to do the change. Somehow I messed the process up, got the password changed to a new hard-to-remember but not stored correctly in the password manager. Now I can only access my account from my desktop app - not from a browser or tabletapp where I happened to log out and when asking for resetting my password I get the message, that I have tried too many times and should try again in a couple of minuttes. I've waited all night  - and still get the message to wait - no resetting-mail. What to do and what to expect?

All best, Bo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for posting here about this, @anonymous!

If you receive this kind of error message, when trying to reset your Dropbox password, then you’ll need to give it more time till the website allows you to reset it once again (please don’t attempt to reset it again for now). 

In the meantime, I’d suggest making sure that you’ve added no-reply@dropbox.com to your email contacts. 

If you need further help though after some time has passed, give me a nudge Bo, and I’ll be glad to look into this.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for posting here about this, @anonymous!

If you receive this kind of error message, when trying to reset your Dropbox password, then you’ll need to give it more time till the website allows you to reset it once again (please don’t attempt to reset it again for now). 

In the meantime, I’d suggest making sure that you’ve added no-reply@dropbox.com to your email contacts. 

If you need further help though after some time has passed, give me a nudge Bo, and I’ll be glad to look into this.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Not applicable
Go to solution

Thanks, but could be nice if this message just came autogenerated. Takes too much time for way too many people to get into a community to solve this simple problem. And... better would be if Dropbox just gave the right information. Instead of suggesting waiting for a few minutes then write as it is: days - even it seems extremely long time.

One final question: how do I get out of this community and delete all traces behind me?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @anonymous, thanks for your feedback here, I'll make sure your comment is passed along to our team.

As for getting out of the Community, do you wish to delete your Community account or just sign out?

To sign out, you can click on your profile pic/initials at the top right corner on the Community page and then "sign out".

To delete your Community profile, click on your profile pic/initials, then click on "my settings" and then on "close account".

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    anonymous Not applicable
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?