cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use an older version of the mobile app on my iPad (to make the grid view easier to use)?

Can I use an older version of the mobile app on my iPad (to make the grid view easier to use)?

bluecat708
Helpful | Level 5

When I updated iPadOS to 17.4, Dropbox app is automatically updated to a new version (354.4.2), making the grid view less convenient to use.
The 10.5-inch screen used to display 8 photos horizontally, but now it displays 6 photos at a time, so scrolling takes a long time. Also, the menu button (marked with "...") used to be under the photo (below the file name), but now it's placed over the photo, which is very distracting and makes it hard to see the thumbnails.
The appearance of the grid view has completely changed, making it difficult to use. I would like to revert to the previous version if possible. I would like to be able to download files for older versions of the app for users who wish to downgrade.

3 Replies 3

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting on our Community, @bluecat708!

In general, it’s not possible to use older versions of the Dropbox app on mobile devices, as newer releases boost security, fix bugs, enhance compatibility and reduce support needs.

However, since I understand how this can affect your workflow, I’ve forwarded your feedback and comments to our team directly. 

I’ll be here, if you need something else.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

bluecat708
Helpful | Level 5

Hello, Thank you for your reply.

As mentioned by another user (@Sassa61), I would like to resize the thumbnails of the files or photos particularly.

Also, I would like to change the color of my favorite "☆". It's very dissapointing that the stars that were previously blue are now black... I wish I could choose the color of the stars. Marking files and folders with stars using different colors instead of just one color makes it easier to categorize them.

I certainly think the app's performance is better than before. It would be more efficient to use if I could customize the appearance of the grid view and so more. I look forward to future improvements.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

I totally understand. About the stars having a different color, I can suggest posting a separate idea here to see if other users want this implemented, as well. Here are also some tips to follow before posting it.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    bluecat708 Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?