cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 401 when attempting single sign on within iPad app

Error 401 when attempting single sign on within iPad app

kmc1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have an account through my university (single sign on). I am trying to sign into my account from the Dropbox app. The app takes me through the following steps:

1. Sign in with email..app says "Continue with single sign-on"

2. Safari opens as says "Dropbox wants to complete single sign-on. You will be signed in as email@school.edu".  I click "Allow" and a pop-up appears with the message "Open in "Dropbox"?". I click "Open"

3. The Dropbox app reopens and I see the error "Sign-in failed. The operation couldn't be completed (dropbox.com error 401)."

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it. I've tried using the Chrome app instead of Safari. I can sign into Dropbox on safari, and if I press on the Dropbox app icon, it shows me a preview of my files (but doesn't allow me to open any of them). In case I was signed into too many devices, I deleted Dropbox from my phone, but I'm still getting the same error.

Any tips or troubleshooting ideas would be appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kmc1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I figured out the reason I was getting this error (for anyone who might be having the same problem). I was actually signed into 3 devices already. When I signed out of one, it allowed me to sign into my tablet.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

kmc1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I figured out the reason I was getting this error (for anyone who might be having the same problem). I was actually signed into 3 devices already. When I signed out of one, it allowed me to sign into my tablet.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

kmc1 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?