cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will happen once I cancel my Pro trial

What will happen once I cancel my Pro trial

pcss911
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

I am currently a user of the Basic plan, and through referrals, promotions, etc., I have amassed 21GB of storage.  I am considering upgrading to Pro, and wish to evaluate via the free trial period. 

My question is: if I don't continue with the Pro tier, and I do cancel the trial before it expires, I understand my plan will revert back to Basic, but I would like to learn in advance whether I can then expect to still retain all the extra storage (21GB) I've earned, and not get put back at the starting point of 2GB?

Also:  During the trial period, which allows for a longer term of version history than Basic - once using Pro, could I, for a given file that has more history than currently shows for me under the Basic plan, now go back as far as Pro allows, and restore from that?

Thanks so much in advance to whomever is able to help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @pcss911 

@pcss911 wrote:

My question is: if I don't continue with the Pro tier, and I do cancel the trial before it expires, I understand my plan will revert back to Basic, but I would like to learn in advance whether I can then expect to still retain all the extra storage (21GB) I've earned, and not get put back at the starting point of 2GB?

You'd go back to 21gb 🙂

While you are on Pro you'd actually have more as referral space doubles while you are paid!

@pcss911 wrote:

Also:  During the trial period, which allows for a longer term of version history than Basic - once using Pro, could I, for a given file that has more history than currently shows for me under the Basic plan, now go back as far as Pro allows, and restore from that?

No, sorry. The extended version history would only work from the day you upgraded to Pro, and, would only last as long as you were a Pro user. So, it isnt possible to recover anything deleted from before today longer then 30 days ago.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @pcss911 

@pcss911 wrote:

You'd go back to 21gb 🙂

While you are on Pro you'd actually have more as referral space doubles while you are paid!

@pcss911 wrote:

No, sorry. The extended version history would only work from the day you upgraded to Pro, and, would only last as long as you were a Pro user. So, it isnt possible to recover anything deleted from before today longer then 30 days ago.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

pcss911
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you so much for your comprehensive (and **bleep** quick!) reply.  

So that I'm clear, given what I've described, there are no paid Dropbox options that will enable me to restore a file version going back more than 30 days as of today, even though it has years of history (just not in the last 30 days)?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@pcss911 wrote:

So that I'm clear, given what I've described, there are no paid Dropbox options that will enable me to restore a file version going back more than 30 days as of today, even though it has years of history (just not in the last 30 days)?

Correct. The length of the version history is determined by the plan you're on at the time the file is changed/deleted. Once 30 days has passed, previous versions of the file cannot be recovered.

pcss911
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Many thanks again for the info!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

pcss911 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?