cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant change the visibility of a folder from ONLY ME to SHARING

Cant change the visibility of a folder from ONLY ME to SHARING

JAYHORNFILMS
New member | Level 2

I recently uploaded a ton of files to dropbox because i was going from Laptop to desktop.  After doing that i tried to access the files from the dropbox app on my desktop and it wont let me access the files.  Then when i got to dropbox it says the folder is set to "ONLY ME".  I have tried to change this so that my files can become available to edit on my desktop and i have had no luck.  Can someone please help me.

1 Reply 1

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @JAYHORNFILMS,

You don't need to to change "ONLY ME" to be able access any data between your devices. Are you sure you are using the same account (sign in email) on both your laptop and your desktop? If they are different, you cannot rely the content will be the same! Check it (Dropbox Preferences -> Account tab -> Account) and if they differs, make sure you have using the correct credentials on both devices  - unlink (sign out) using the button next to the email in Dropbox Preferences and sign in back with correct credentials.

Good luck.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?