cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost data MacOS Ventura

lost data MacOS Ventura

nonesuch
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Should I download all my personal files or are they somewhere on my hard drive?  Am I now limited to just one account?

Here is my saga ... At this point, I'm so confused it's hard to even know what to ask.  I've been using dropbox for years and years and years.  Yesterday I updated my MacOS to Ventura.  I have two dropbox accounts.  One for business and one for personal.  I don't know what they call them now; Teams?  I originally had all the data both offline and online.  Years ago dropbox changed it so I could only keep one account offline so I used the app for my business accounts, online only.  When I used the app today, it changed everything.  Now my business data is offline and online and renamed "dropbox" in the sidebar of Finder (and that's fine).  I can use the dropbox website to find my personal files but am not sure where they are offline.  I found them earlier and made an alias to put on my desktop but when I update those files, my offline files don't update so I don't think it's set up correctly.  When I go to users/Diana I don't see Library, but "info" on my alias shows it's there.  I used to be able to enter either account in the app but now it won't let me switch accounts.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nonesuch
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Hi Jay and thank you so much for responding. BTW I had reply using my phone because chrome my MacBook gives me the error “ request entity too large. The requested source/auth/dropboxsso does not allow request data with GET requests or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.” So I tried safari and I get “ two-step verification text message couldn’t be sent <a href=/help/364…”

Anyway both my accounts are basic. Since I posted, I reinstalled Dropbox app on the personal account and it is now working. I think I will just move the business accounts to iDrive and not worry about it anymore. Thank you so much for your help!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @nonesuch, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It sounds like you might have connected your personal and work account using these steps. They would have had their own separate folders. 

If that change to using one folder happens years ago, either the team was downgraded, or the team admin made another change in the settings to only allow one Dropbox account per computer.

Regarding the Dropbox folder now, most likely the one signed in is syncing, and the other one isn't, so that other account isn't getting updated.

Could you confirm for me the plan types for both the Dropbox accounts you own? This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

nonesuch
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Hi Jay and thank you so much for responding. BTW I had reply using my phone because chrome my MacBook gives me the error “ request entity too large. The requested source/auth/dropboxsso does not allow request data with GET requests or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.” So I tried safari and I get “ two-step verification text message couldn’t be sent <a href=/help/364…”

Anyway both my accounts are basic. Since I posted, I reinstalled Dropbox app on the personal account and it is now working. I think I will just move the business accounts to iDrive and not worry about it anymore. Thank you so much for your help!
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

nonesuch Helpful | Level 5
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?