cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong account maybe? Can't find files with new laptop

Wrong account maybe? Can't find files with new laptop

kingrolla
Explorer | Level 3

Hi - my mac has just expired and i can no longer accress it - so I installed the latest version of Dropbox onto a new laptop in the hope of downloading all my documents/files onto its hard drive - however there's nothing there.. Ive signed into my account alright but I'm wondering if having changed my email login a few years ago all my files are on a different account. I had no problem accessing my files on the old computer and as far as I can remember the login details are the same.. Obviously I can't check the settings on my old mac anymore - I'm at a loss of what to do next to gain access.. Cheers.. My account may be under my old email address, and I just tried to access the acount with that address and Dropbox said it has sent a code to that address - however - that email address is no longer in existence, so I can't ever get a hold of the code!!!!

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 15.39.21edit.jpg

My

3 Replies 3

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@kingrolla wrote:

... I had no problem accessing my files on the old computer and as far as I can remember the login details are the same.. ...

@kingrolla, as seems they are NOT the same. 🤷 You definitely use different email.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @kingrolla, I'll have to agree with @Здравко here, it seems from your activity as well, that this is a brand new account.

If you have trouble accessing your old account, I would suggest opening a private browsing/incognito window on your browser and going to this page, to submit a help request to or support team.

They might be able to assist you further.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

StanfordHaag
Explorer | Level 4

Ok, thanks.

Spoiler
Is the problem solved now with your account? a student on the brink of despair, drowning in deadlines and drowning in uncertainty. Enter the scene, a CustomWriting service, a knight in virtual armor. Always at the ready, day or night, it became my reliable companion in the tumultuous journey through academia.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

StanfordHaag Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?