cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move files from dropbox folder to sd card on android tablet to save space on hard drive

Move files from dropbox folder to sd card on android tablet to save space on hard drive

rafcabster
New member | Level 2

How to transfer files from my Dropbox to sd card to save space on my android tablet. Dropbox takes up a lot of space and I only need to store my Dropbox file on my sd card.

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

For simply exporting a file to your SD card, refer to the following help article:

Note that Dropbox will always use your internal storage. If you mark files as available offline or open files for viewing/editing, Dropbox will use internal storage for its cache. It's not possible to have it use the SD card instead of internal storage.

Sagobra
New member | Level 2
Can Dropbox make this work?? this would be a game changer for syncing music or films to a device and I doubt there would be a huge amount of work involved.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Sagobra New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?