cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in learning how media industry leaders use Dropbox Replay? Register for our webinar here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox download speed is limited on the website

Dropbox download speed is limited on the website

oliverj302
Explorer | Level 3

I'm trying to download a 80gb zip file from dropbox and my download speed is locked to 12mbps while the connection going to my computer is 300mbps download. I tried downloading something similar from google drive and the speed was 25mb/s. Same thing with steam and other applications, I tried downloading on 3 different browsers (edge, chrome and firefox) but all never exceeded 12mbps. Not sure what the problem is its very annoying. It's not my internet connection I know thats fast. I also tried doing a windows network reset and that didnt help.

5 Replies 5

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hi there, @oliverj302 and thanks for reaching out to the Dropbox Community.

Instead of the website, have you tried using the Dropbox desktop app, to sync this folder to your computer?

It should be faster that way and it's our preferred method of handling large files/folders like that.

Let me know what you find.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

oliverj302
Explorer | Level 3

Its saying it failed because i need to free up space on my hard drive which has 1tb free. The file is 84gb

oliverj302
Explorer | Level 3

Got it working on the client but it still is downloading at 12mbps. Not sure whats wrong

oliverj302
Explorer | Level 3

Just got a notification saying something went wrong dropbox is reconnecting even though my network hasnt dropped out. I tried downloading it on my other computer and it reached 100% but then kept downloading to a size that exceeded the file size, it downloaded 86gb of a 80gb file

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @oliverj302. Regarding your last post, did you get this message while downloading the file from the Dropbox website or via the desktop app?

Were you able to open it successfully, and if yes, was there any issue after that due to the difference in size to the original file?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    oliverj302 Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?