cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reaching Maxium capacity messages not accurate

Reaching Maxium capacity messages not accurate

Tziporah Cohen
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi all, I am getting alerts from Dropbox saying I am reaching capacity limits and won't be able to sync soon, despite having 2.4 GB of unused space. Any insight into this? Thanks.IMG_4800.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tziporah Cohen
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks, that makes sense. I guess when you have aquired more storage the 80% threshold for alerts comes too soon.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Tziporah Cohen wrote:

I am getting alerts from Dropbox saying I am reaching capacity limits and won't be able to sync soon, despite having 2.4 GB of unused space.

The notification likely triggers when you reach 80% capacity, which is the amount of storage you're currently using. There are no settings to customize the notifications, but you can turn them off on your Notifications page.

Tziporah Cohen
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks, that makes sense. I guess when you have aquired more storage the 80% threshold for alerts comes too soon.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Tziporah Cohen Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?