cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble upgrading. It won't allow me to choose a Business plan.

Trouble upgrading. It won't allow me to choose a Business plan.

NM554
New member | Level 2

Hello, I'm having trouble upgrading my Dropbox account and the support really sucks. This should be the easiest thing, I'm literally trying to give Dropbox more money. I've tried the chatbot (the link doesn't work) and I've emailed support with no response after a few days. Meanwhile my team can't access our data on the Dropbox. Really makes me want to switch providers.

We're a small business on a "Professional" plan. Somehow Dropbox has it marked as a personal account which is not correct. I'm trying to upgrade it to a "Standard" plan so my team can use it as well. Upon trying to select the "upgrade now" to Standard plan, I get the error message "This account is already connected to a Dropbox Business account.". It won't let me upgrade and all methods of support have led to dead ends. What do?

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@NM554 wrote:

We're a small business on a "Professional" plan. Somehow Dropbox has it marked as a personal account which is not correct.

A Professional account is a personal account. It's not intended for multiple people. It's a personal account for a single individual and includes some of the features found in the Business accounts.

I get the error message "This account is already connected to a Dropbox Business account."

You or someone must have linked the account to another Business team account. You'll need to unlink the accounts and then you should be able to upgrade it. This is likely happening because two Business accounts cannot be linked together.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?