cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log into an account as I'm being asked for a verification code

Can't log into an account as I'm being asked for a verification code

Chuck1701
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Two days ago I tried to logon to our church Dropbox website from my home computer. I wanted to download a file. I have done this many times in the past, I was on the list of users. We have the Dropbox app on our church computer, but not on my home computer. When I tried to logon it wanted a two step verification, (we have that feature set to off on the church computer) and it was going to send the code to an email account that I do not use or have access to, so I could not logon. How do I get it to stop asking for two step verification or get it to give the option to send it to an email (or phone text) that I have access to. Thank you. As far as I know the rest of the team has not had this problem.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Simply put I'm afraid you cannot. 

The password can only be emailed to the email account of the owner of the account. It is also worth noting that you are risking the account being banned (without notice and without possibility of recovery of files) by sharing the log on details as this is a breach of the terms and conditions. 

Each person should have their own account with their own log on that everybody shares between them. It is unsafe to use one account for multiple people. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Simply put I'm afraid you cannot. 

The password can only be emailed to the email account of the owner of the account. It is also worth noting that you are risking the account being banned (without notice and without possibility of recovery of files) by sharing the log on details as this is a breach of the terms and conditions. 

Each person should have their own account with their own log on that everybody shares between them. It is unsafe to use one account for multiple people. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

BJSDesignStudio
Explorer | Level 3

Sorry, I just realized today that it actually sends the code not just to the old email address, but also to the devices linked to the account, so it also sends the code to the Dropbox app/menu bar notification area on my Mac.

Editing my post to mention this and remove my previous post.

Problem solved!

Thank you!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BJSDesignStudio Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?