cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yubikey to sign in without password (FIDO2/Webauthn)

Yubikey to sign in without password (FIDO2/Webauthn)

raml5
New member | Level 2

Is it possible to sign into Dropbox with my Yubikey and no username or password or can the Yubikey only be used for 2FA? If the former, can you point me to instructions? What I've done so far only seems to work for 2FA.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SomeHelpfulDude
Explorer | Level 4

Sadly, it's exactly as you suspected. (It's only possible to use YubiKey for 2FA). - It's simply not physically possible to set it up so that yubikey "replaces" having to use a username and password completely. So for no password methods of login, the only real way to do that is the "Sign in with Google" button login method. Just keep in mind that the "Sign in with Google" button method of login only works when the email address of your Dropbox account is identical spelling as your Gmail email address.  I hope this info clarifies things.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

SomeHelpfulDude
Explorer | Level 4

Sadly, it's exactly as you suspected. (It's only possible to use YubiKey for 2FA). - It's simply not physically possible to set it up so that yubikey "replaces" having to use a username and password completely. So for no password methods of login, the only real way to do that is the "Sign in with Google" button login method. Just keep in mind that the "Sign in with Google" button method of login only works when the email address of your Dropbox account is identical spelling as your Gmail email address.  I hope this info clarifies things.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

SomeHelpfulDude Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?