cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox for Business upgraded - now all files are missing

Dropbox for Business upgraded - now all files are missing

tnorris
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Our Dropbox for Business account was upgraded to the latest version (by Dropbox themselves) on Nov 29. I can see the folder structure is still there however all files within the folders are now missing. I am seeing the same thing locally (via Windows) and online. How do I get the files back or to synch please?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tnorris
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi @Hannah,

Further to my earlier message, I have used the 'Rewind this folder' action to restore the files we need. I am just concerned about how they got deleted (all in one go) in the first place. Perhaps the instructions my manager received weren't clear. Thanks for your time but think it's all good now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @tnorris, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

And are you sure that the update has finished?

Also, how much content did you previously have and do you see that it got reduced, if you check the plan tab in your account settings?

Do all team members see the same thing? And have you also checked your member folder (the folder with your name on it)?

Let me know and we'll go from there.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

tnorris
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi @Hannah,

I have no idea whether the update has finished as I'm not an admin (at least, I wasn't yesterday morning).

Everyone on my team is seeing the same thing (can see folders but no files) except for Julie who has the synch turned on but that is still updating.

I did an investigation on the website and found that all the missing files appear to have been deleted yesterday by our manager Rob Dix (Admin) at about 7.40-7.50am. He says he only clicked a button to say 'do not synch' (or something along those lines) and assumed that meant it would not synch on his local device. I can in fact restore the deleted files however since literally everything has been deleted it will take forever. Is there a quick way we can restore all files as they were before 7am yesterday (30/11/22) please?

I also contacted Dropbox support directly but they just sent a generic response which didn't address my issue.

many thanks for your help.

tnorris
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi @Hannah,

Further to my earlier message, I have used the 'Rewind this folder' action to restore the files we need. I am just concerned about how they got deleted (all in one go) in the first place. Perhaps the instructions my manager received weren't clear. Thanks for your time but think it's all good now.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for keeping me in the loop here!

Can't say for sure what might have happened without additional info, but I'm glad to see that the issue was resolved.

Don't hesitate to let us know, if you need anything else.

Have a great day!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    tnorris Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?