cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Dropbox update making my MAC really slow

Latest Dropbox update making my MAC really slow

FunkyMunky
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I installed the new Dropbox update yesterday on my iMac which is running MacOS Monterey, and everything is now lagging. Even as I type, the letters don't appear straight away. Is this likely to be a temporary thing while Dropbox relocates all my files, or a bigger problem that I need to sort out? Could do without it! Advice would be gratefully received. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

FunkyMunky
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks Hannah. The update had finished, but I have since also upgraded to MacOS Ventura 13.2 from Monterey and that seems to have resolved the problem. Could there have been an incompatibility with Monterey? Anyway, I'm happy to report that the issue has been resolved. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @FunkyMunky, thanks for reaching out to us today.

We really appreciate your feedback here.

Has the update finished or is it still ongoing? Can you please let us know the current status and version of the Dropbox app?

You can hover over the Dropbox icon in your menu bar, to see this info.

If it's finished and you're still having this issue, can you close the Dropbox app and let us know if the issue persists?

Thanks in advance!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

FunkyMunky
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks Hannah. The update had finished, but I have since also upgraded to MacOS Ventura 13.2 from Monterey and that seems to have resolved the problem. Could there have been an incompatibility with Monterey? Anyway, I'm happy to report that the issue has been resolved. 

structaural
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I'm syncing 34,000 files - it's syncing them at a rate of 1 file per second. Why is this software so bad?, it's almost unuseable on a mac now. I synced a folder using 'select folder' and it downloaded over 70GB of files - why were they not kept offline? now I need to tell them to be online and it going to take absoutely hours for this functionality to work.

Sorry Dropbox but apple f*cked you.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

structaural Helpful | Level 6
    FunkyMunky Helpful | Level 5
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?