cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see my old data, after reinstalling the Dropbox app

Can't see my old data, after reinstalling the Dropbox app

henrymj
New member | Level 2

Someone please HELP!!!  I have had to wipe my entire Mac OS and reinstall it (10.14.xx). I thought I had a backup of my files and folders in Dropbox in iCloud, but apparently not. I have a fully function Dropbox on a MacBook.  I have worked for hours with endless Support Page advice trying to reinstall Dropbox with my data but it does not pickup my data and all it shows is Getting Started with Dropbox paper.url, etd. (2 files)

HOW DO I FIX THIS???

1 Reply 1

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Welcome to the Community, @henrymj

Just to make sure I got it right; you reinstalled the Dropbox app on your computer, but you don’t see your old files, besides the “Get Started with Dropbox” paper doc, correct?

Before wiping the data on your Mac device, did you unlink the Dropbox app from it? 

Are you signing in to the desktop app now with the same email address + password as your old Dropbox account? 

I’d also like you to check your Events and Deleted files pages on the website, and let me know if any files have been deleted/can be restored.

Finally, please send me the ticket number from your convo with our support team, and I'll check what you've tried with them.

Keep me updated.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?