cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing individual folders of photos of people with Santa Claus

Sharing individual folders of photos of people with Santa Claus

GARYC-SC
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I operate a photography business that does photos of people with Santa Clause.

Every year we photograph around 35,000 people in about 40 days.

Out current workflow is:

Capture image

Show and Sell packages

Fulfill order---

If the client selects digital images. Our software will render those images into a dropbox folder.

The client is then given a ticket with their order number. And our web site order collection page.

That page asks for their order number and email address. It then emails them a dropbox link to that folder.

Unfortunately, there are flaws in this system. If the order number or email address is incorrect they get no reply. Then they contact me complaining they did not get their photos. This doesn't happen often. But it does happen.

My question is. My software will create QR Codes. Is there a way I can create a link that takes them directly to that folder. This is what the pass through software on our web site does. But if there was someway We could jump the shark and create a link with the folder information it it. Then when they scan that code it would goto dropbox. Create a link. Then directly transfer them to the folder. This would speed up the client experience and eliminate any errors. Thanks for you help.  

1 Reply 1

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @GARYC-SC, thanks for messaging the Community.

Currently, what you're looking for isn't available using the Dropbox service. 

However, you might be able to create an app using the Dropbox API to help get the shared links. 

If you have any further queries, feel free to message back.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?