cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally created multiple accounts & need to link them

Accidentally created multiple accounts & need to link them

Starlightning
New member | Level 2

i! I was noticing that some files would sync and some files were totally MIA except on my computer. Eventually I realized that the account linked to my computer, a personal account, is the one I purchased an upgrade Pro account for. I need the Pro account for my work... Both email addresses are @gmail.com and dropbox will not let me link 2 "personal" accounts. I've attempted reaching out to customer service and I get a robot or a sales person. I also emailed the department the salesperson suggested and haven't heard back. 

I do not know how to proceed and I have files all over the place- some duplicates, but many singular. It's a mess.

Please advise or direct me to someone who can help, thank you and have a wonderful day!

1 Reply 1

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Starlightning 

Simply put you cannot link them I'm afraid - no matter who you speak to its not possible to link accounts unless 1 is a Business one. 

However, it seems to me what you need to do is move everything from the 'free' account to the one you paid for. So to do that I'd suggest using a Shared Folder. Then delete the account you dont need and make sure you are signed in correctly on all devices. 

https://help.dropbox.com/account-settings/merge-two-accounts

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?