cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeing files in Dropbox Backup

Seeing files in Dropbox Backup

Jeffrey V.2
Explorer | Level 3

I have a question about Dropbox Backup.  I'm using an iMac and iPhone.  It used to be that the Backup appeared within a folder called Mac in the Dropbox folder on the iMac finder and in the mobile Dropbox app on my iPhone.  I started all over with Backup and now there is no Mac folder.  The email I just got from Dropbox says that you can see the files in Backup using the mobile Dropbox app on my iPhone.  That doesn't seem to be the case; at least I can't see anywhere on the mobile app where the Backup files are.  Nor are they viewable within Finder on my iMac.  The only place I can see them is going on a browser to dropbox.com/backup.  

Am I missing something?  Is there any way to see Backup files like before in the Mac folder in Dropbox?  

1 Reply 1

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Jeffrey V.2, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Currently, it is no longer possible to view your backup files on the mobile app.

You'd need to navigate to the Dropbox site directly to view them.

If you have any further queries, feel free to message back.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?