cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't see the online-only option

I don't see the online-only option

CAMP
Explorer | Level 4

I saw the post about "make online only" for Mac, but I'm on a PC and have the same issue. When I right click on a file, I do not see an option for make online only. I'm using a new PC and thought when I downloaded the dropbox app I said that I wanted online access only. Do I need to uninstall and re-install, or is there another fix? I had to pause syncing because I'm getting a "full" message.

2 Replies 2

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @CAMP! Thanks for posting this here. 

Just to clarify, did you select your files/folders to be online-only upon setting up the Dropbox app and they were still synced locally? 

Apart from that, can you please use selective sync to remove any large folders you don’t need to sync on your Dropbox app, resume syncing, and let me know if you can see any difference to your app’s syncing status?

Keep me posted!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

CAMP
Explorer | Level 4

Yes, I did. I think that I found the problem. Unfortunately, my organization is not allowing Dropbox at this time - major headache! Trying to use One Drive at work and then upload to Dropbox for use off site. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

CAMP Explorer | Level 4
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?