cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

photo managing and upload automatic from phone

photo managing and upload automatic from phone

SDM_01
Explorer | Level 3

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a smart way to store and manage photos in dropbox.
What I currently do is separating in "albums" the pictures I take with my phone (android - xiaomi 12 pro).
And then every month or so I plug my usb cable "phone-to-laptop" and manually upload these "albums" from the phone to the dropbox website, in a folder that I've created where I've organized the pictures in subfolders by year, activity etc... This folder is only online.
A quite vintage operation, I am aware of that.
So I am here to ask some advice either to automatize this uploading process or improve it in other ways.

I have seen that there is a "Photo" application in my dropbox but there is a bunch of images which looks like have just been thrown there without any order (looks like the order is "by last modified date") and is not what I want (or anybody, I guess).

So, to wrap up, is there a way to upload the phone's photo albums/folders in dropbox while keeping the possibility to delete the photos from the phone and still have them in the cloud?

Thanks folks

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@SDM_01 wrote:

... is there a way to upload the phone's photo albums/folders in dropbox while keeping the possibility to delete the photos from the phone and still have them in the cloud?

You'd have to continue uploading them manually. If you switch to the automatic Camera Uploads feature, it won't recognize your albums and all photos and videos would be uploaded to the Camera Uploads folder.

The Photos page you see on the Dropbox website displays ALL of the images from every folder in your account.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?