cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing feedback from Replay back into Davinci Resolve

Syncing feedback from Replay back into Davinci Resolve

Revolver Films
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I'm constantly facing an issue using this platform that I hope can be easily solved or this community can guide me to correct. 

Please allow me to explain the scenario:

1. I'm using the delivery/transcoding page within Davinci Resolve (latest version 18.6.1 Build 😎 to output my edit using the Replay default.

2. My render completes on local storage but the upload fails due to the low bandwidth or a brief disconnection (maybe a failure with the Replay extension within Davinci itself)

3. At this point, I have two choices. I either sit and wait for another render or I upload my existing render to Replay for my client who is eagerly waiting to supply feedback.

4. The only problem with the former route is I cannot sync my clients' feedback, back to my timeline (this is an option that https://www.wipster.io/ has). I feel this is an integral function as an editor who may be working remotely, as I often am.

If I missed some way of doing this, I would be ecstatic to hear how it's done. If it doesn't exist, I would highly recommend this functionality be developed into the Replay platform. I currently see the Delivery\Replay tab as being the only way to sync uploads back to timelines. That's very limiting.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Regards

Zane

2 Replies 2

kanister
New member | Level 2

Same here! With out the ability to manually link replay video to Resolve timeline, this function feels very incomplete.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Revolver Films, thanks for your insights on this!

At the moment we don't seem to have this functionally, but linking playheads manually is something our team would be happy to discuss with the Davinci team. 

We'll keep everyone in the loop when we have more to share. 

Thanks!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    kanister New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?