cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of Account

Locked out of Account

taylawm
New member | Level 2

Hi All - Desperately need assistance here. I am the only admin on our Applause business account. I cannot get through 2fa because I lost my phone a couple of months ago. I only had a single dropbox backup code on file and already used it so it no longer works. I have access to 1) the email address on the account and 2) my old phone # (though I doubt I set that up as an emergency contact line - I can't tell since I can't get into the account obviously). I do not have any devices with the dropbox app on them its worth noting.

The easiest way to resolve this seems like it would be for support to make one of our other team members an admin. One of these team members is the CEO of the company - seems like they should be able to validate that in a variety of ways (legal docs, online etc) and give him admin privileges. Once he has thought then he could turn off my 2fa temporarily so I'm able to get back in.

Does anyone have any ideas here? I've already read the articles they provide - none of those things work for the reasons described above. 

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@taylawm wrote:

I cannot get through 2fa because I lost my phone a couple of months ago. I only had a single dropbox backup code on file and already used it so it no longer works.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?